In this course, you will be introduced to the concepts of English Langauge Arts for learners ages 14 to 16.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL WATCH VIDEOS, READ ARTICLES, AND REVIEW PRESENTATIONS ON VARIOUS ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS TOPICS. ALSO, YOU WILL TAKE NOTES ON THE MATERIAL, COMPLETE ASSIGNMENTS, ANSWER RESEARCH QUESTIONS, PARTICIPATE IN A GROUP DISCUSSION FORUM, COMPLETE QUIZZES, AND CREATE VIDEOS ON THE MATERIAL FOR YOUNGER AUDIENCES.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Reading Comprehension, Writing, Listening, Research, Note-Taking, Reflection, Critical Thinking, Video production, Mathematical Reasoning, Customer Service, Training
- SUBJECTS COVERED: 24/7 English Language Arts – Ages 14 -15
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Active Memorization and Recall, Questioning and Posing Problems, Listening with Understanding and Empathy, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge toNew Situations
- COURSE DURATION: 180 Hours
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL:
- Understand the concepts of English Language Arts for learners 14 to 16
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or to complete the assignment. Some of the information in the learning materials are new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery but feel free to skip if need be.
CLICK THE SECTIONS BELOW TO BEGIN THIS COURSE:
Course Scenario: In this course, learners will learn English Language Arts by creating Publishing and Production Company that focusses on fiction and non-fiction works literature.
- Lesson 1a: Why writers write - Journal Writing - Part 1
- Lesson 1a - 1: Why writers write - Journal Writing - Part 2
- Lesson 1a - 2: Why writers write - Journal Writing - Part 3
- Lesson 1a - 2b: Why writers write - Journal Writing - Quiz - Part 5
- Lesson 1a - 3: Why writers write - Essay Writing - Part 6
- Lesson 1a - 3a: Why writers write - Descriptive Essay Writing - Part 7
- Lesson 1a - 3b: Why writers write - Narrative Essay Writing - Part 8
- Lesson 1a - 3c: Why writers write - Expository Essay Writing - Part 9
- Lesson 1a – 4: Why writers write – Quiz - Part 10
- Reading Introduction and Chapter 1: Owning your Education - (Part 1)
- Reading Chapters 2 and 3: Owning your Education - (Part 2)
- Reading Chapters 4 and 5: Owning your Education - (Part 3)
- Reading Chapters 4 and 5: Owning your Education - (Part 3a)
- Reading Chapters 6 and 7: Owning your Education - (Part 4)