- Activity 1 – Introduction: Thinking like a Historian
- Activity 2 - Introduction: How to read a document: source identification
- Activity 3 - Introduction:: How to read a document: analyzing a historical text
- Activity 4 - Introduction:: Avoiding common mistakes in historical essays
- Activity 5: Worlds collide (1491-1607) - Final Assignment
This project-based learning experience provides an in-depth survey of American history from the Colonial Period and the American Revolution to the present day, with an emphasis on the twentieth century. Learners will learn about the various political, social, religious, and economic developments that have shaped and continue to shape the United States and complete a major research project. Research, critical thinking, and writing are emphasized as integral ways of understanding how the past relates to the present and future.